As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we’d like to remind you that we’re here with you to support and strengthen your team during this time.
Your success and growth are important to us! We’d like to provide you with some resources and tools that may help you and your Foundation navigate through this period of change.
- In an effort to address the array of new concerns now facing this community, Blackbaud has put together the following page for its users: “Event and Fundraising Resources During Possible Impact”
- They have also released a “New Covid-19 Discussion Page” with Covid-19 topics on best practices within an organization and a community feedback forum for questions and open discussions.
- Special Webinar: Managing COVID-19’s Impact on your Cause (Available on-demand) – Learn tips on how to increase and encourage fundraising and moving your events to online platforms.
- TeamRaiser Road to Success – Live & on-demand sessions offering a variety of tips on the creation of virtual events, maximizing your event software, coaching and more. You can also access a library of previous sessions.
Fundraising and the workplace
- World Health Organization: “Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19”
- Communiqué: “What is Involved with Changing a Physical Event to a Virtual Conference”
- NCVO: “Guidance for your organisation”
Giving Tuesday – May 5th
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
The subsidy covers 75% of an employees wages for businesses who suffered a drop in revenues of 15% in March and 30% in April and May.
- Temporary 10% Wage Subsidy
The 10% subsidy allows employers to reduce the amount of payroll deductions required to be remitted to the CRA.
- Canada Emergency Business Account
The CEBA program will provide businesses and nonprofits with loans of up to $40,000 to help cover operating costs. Up to $10,000 may be eligible for loan forgiveness if the balance of the loan is repaid by December 31, 2022.
- T3010 Filing Deadline for Charities
The filing deadline for charities has been extended to December 31, 2020 for charities with a T3010 form.
- Support to Businesses
Useful resources on avoiding layoffs, access to credit, and increased flexibility.
- Click here for updates on changes to the CRA services, due dates and programs affected by the pandemic.
Quebec has released a Self-Care Guide to protect against the Coronavirus. It details how to protect “your health and the health of others” during this public health emergency.
Quebec’s new PACME grant program (Concerted Actions Program for Maintaining Employment) will cover the costs of training activities up to $100,000 per employer in an effort to encourage employee training during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Click here for up to date measures taken by Revenu Québec for individuals and businesses.
- Gov of Canada: “Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Outbreak update”
- “COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool”
- Gouvernement du Québec: “List of essential services and commercial activities”
- Santé Montreal: “Informations et recommandations aux Montréalais”
Communications and Tips
Working from home tips
- Reader’s Digest: “15 Must-Follow Rules to Get More Done When Working from Home”
- Economic Times: “Coronavirus and worklife: Tips to make working from home easy”
- Forbes: “9 Practices To Help Maintain Mental Health During The Coronavirus Lockdown”
- Montreal’s Public Markets: “Delivery and pick-up”
Team building games
- For the last few weeks we have been hosting/participating in a team activity that is not work related in order to foster some collective fun time. If you want to try this activity you can follow our instructions here.